Slave TO PERIODIC PAIN (Sep, 1965)
I’m pretty sure the “special, mood-brightening medication” was just caffeine.
Slave TO PERIODIC PAIN
Every month Sue was a slave to functional menstrual distress. Now she just takes Midol and goes her way in comfort because Midol tablets contain:
Do Nine Out of Ten Persons Commit Suicide? (Mar, 1922)
No. And if they did, I’m pretty sure “internal bathing” wouldn’t help.
Do Nine Out of Ten Persons Commit Suicide?
Why do apparently strong, healthy looking men and women die too young?
Do you get up in the morning full of “Pep” and in a few hours find yourself “all in”?
Six serious reasons for owning a fun-to-drive AMC Gremlin X. (Feb, 1978)
It’s interesting how much more reliable cars have gotten since this time. The fact that a company would advertise the fact they had a 12 year 12,000 mile warranty is kind of sad. And this is AMC, not company that was particularly famous for reliability. Current warranty terms from auto-makers implies abit more confidence in their products.
Six serious reasons for owning a fun-to-drive AMC Gremlin X.
1. Good performance and fuel economy is provided by the peppy 4-cylinder engine and 4-speed gear box. EPA estimated mileage ratings: 35 highway; 22 city; 27 combined.*
2. Sporty Levi’s® fabric bucket seats.
3. Extra width to give you plenty of road-hugging stability plus interior room and comfort.
GIVING HER THE GUN! (Nov, 1937)
Incidentally, this was the original title of Paula Broadwell’s Petraeus biography.
GIVING HER THE GUN!
IN 1929, Mulford Scull became National Amateur Champion. This year he made a clean sweep of the Class “A” Outboard events at the Miami Regatta. The trophies he’s won in his years of racing fill a room.
Jolts, vibration, nervous tension — are all part of what an outboard driver undergoes.
See the GAY BLADE (Apr, 1958)
Not to be confused with The Washington Blade.
See the GAY BLADE
America’s Newest Power Mower
DIFFERENT to look at, easier to handle bicycle-type wheels make the Gay Blade easy to operate.
It’s the power mower you’ll be proud of for its superior “good looks” … its smoother operation … its consistently outstanding performance! See it … try it … you’ll want to own the wonderful new Gay Blade. Available in push-style or self-propelled models.
See the Gay Blade complete line of power mowers today or write direct for nearest dealer.
A QUALITY PRODUCT OF YAZOO MANUFACTURING CO. * JACKSON, MISS.
NORELCO presents the world’s second finest* pickup cartridge (Jul, 1958)
A few things stand out in this ad:
- Norelco made adorable anthropomorphic record pickups that looked a bit like a svelte version of the Google Android robot.
- I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an ad advertising the fact that a product is second best, without telling you what the better one is.
- An address in the form of City, Something Else, State. Is odd. I wonder if this was because there was more than one city named Hickville in New York and before ZIP codes they needed a way to tell them apart.
NORELCO presents the world’s second finest* pickup cartridge
a new MAGNETO-DYNAMIC design by Philips of the Netherlands
*to find out which pickup cartridge is the finest and why the NORELCO is the second finest
NOW You CAN SEE Television (Nov, 1938)
Order a film, made by a magazine, to learn about television!
NOW You CAN SEE Television
Excitingly Explained on Your Favorite Screen in the Latest of VITAPHONE’S