Hot Water From Waste Lamp Heat (Nov, 1932)

Hot Water From Waste Lamp Heat

ILLUMINATION engineers are well aware of the deplorable fact that no device wastes energy like an electric light. Only 4 to 5 per cent of the “juice” is transformed into light, the remaining 95 per cent being wasted in useless radiant heat.

Now comes a Swiss engineer with an invention which puts the wasted energy to useful work. He makes the radiant heat operate a midget water boiler built around the bulb, as illustrated in the photo below.

The glass boiler encasing the bulb holds about a quart, which may be brought to a boiling point in 40 minutes.

1 comment
  1. MAKE: Blog says: July 10, 20069:45 am

    Hot water from waste lamp heat…

    Hot water maker from lamp heat invention – Modern Mechanix 1932 – Link…….

Submit comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.