I POURED A DEATH POTION FOR MY SICK BABY!” (Nov, 1938)
Wow, that’s a new one. Use Eveready batteries or you will poison your child!
“I POURED A DEATH POTION FOR MY SICK BABY!”
LONG ISLAND MOTHER LIVES A NIGHTMARE IN DARKENED HOME
1. “Our year old son was seriously ill with whooping cough, my husband was down with the grippe … and to add to my problems I blew the electric fuses as I was going to bed,” writes Mrs. Camille Dearkin of 222-09 135th Avenue, Springfield Gardens, L. I.
2. “I didn’t know how to fix the lights and decided not to disturb my husband. He could tell me what to do in the morning. But I failed to think what might happen in the dark hours to come… that, roused from sleep by my baby’s terrible choking cough, I would rush into the dark for his medicine.
3. “I fumbled in the dark medicine chest for the cough syrup and a teaspoon, that ghastly cough frightened me so. It seemed he must be choking to death! My hand shook so in the dark I kept spilling the medicine and I realized I must have light to measure a proper dose … so, in spite of my panic, I took time to get my husband’s flashlight.
4. “In the rays of that light, I saw in my hand, not my child’s cough mixture, but a bottle of deadly poisonous disinfectant!
“Is it any wonder that I now write to let you know that my husband and I have fresh dated ‘Eveready’ batteries to thank for our baby’s life.
NATIONAL CARBON COMPANY, INC., 30 EAST 42nd STREET, NEW YORK, N. Y.