I’m leaving on vacation tomorrow. I’ll be heading to NYC to visit my family and then over to Europe. My current itinerary is:
- 10/12-10/15 – Amsterdam – No specific plans, I’ve just always wanted to go. They have a museum of torture devices and another entirely of paintings of cats. It’s possible these are the same museum.
- 10/16 -10/18 – I’ll be at TAM London. TAM8 in Vegas was a lot of fun, but I rather despise Vegas. TAM London has an amazing speakers list, an awesome city and a much better graphic designer.
- 10/19-10/20 – Geneva – I’m going to take a tour of CERN. Actually the whole impetus for this trip was that I really want to take a tour of the LHC. Sadly, they’re not giving tours of it right now. I suppose that has something to do with it being turned on and all. I’m still psyched to tour CERN though. Maybe I’ll get to see the actual office where Tim Berners-Lee invented the blink tag. It’s pretty crazy; you have to reserve a spot three months ahead of time. I discovered this last month. Luckily someone canceled so a space opened up. If you work at CERN and can get me in to see of any part of the LHC I will be your best friend forever.
- 10/21-10/21+x – I’m not sure. I was thinking either Berlin, or Munich. Berlin sounds great, but Munich is on the way and has the biggest science museum on the planet. Then maybe Marseilles? Suggestions?
- 10/21x+n -10/29 – Valencia/Barcelona – again, not sure what I’m going to do, just always sounded nice. Then I fly home.
If you’re going to be in one of those cities at the same time as me and would like to grab a drink, send me an email. Also, if anyone has any tips or suggestions I’d love to hear them, either in the comments or via email.
If you’re interested in how my trip is going, I’ll be posting updates to my twitter feed (@shopsinc).
I’ve queued up a bunch of new posts, so there should be fresh content on the site pretty much every day that I’m gone.
See you in November!