Newest Devices (Nov, 1934)
Better Than Ice
• OFTEN does the beauty specialist inform milady that after her hot towel, or steam facial, she should apply ice to the skin to close the pores, tighten flabby muscles and stimulate circulation. But ice is not convenient to handle, and the water trickling down the neck is not exactly comfortable. The product here illustrated, will do the same work better.
• MANY of us find it necessary to carry a pocket full of pills to ward against headaches, indigestion, etc. Here is a sanitary container which makes the handling of such pills very easy. The pills are loaded into the base of the nickel-plated tube. When the top of the tube is rotated, one pill remains in the top, from which it is easily tipped out.
To Wear Away Toe Nails
• THIS perch for the bird cage will do away with the necessity of clipping the nails. They wear away as they grow.
Combination Cigarette Tray
• THIS cigarette tray is made of pottery in solid colors. One portion of the tray has a small dome-like construction, which serves as a snuffer, if a cigarette is permitted to remain here for about one and a half minutes. If cigarettes are placed on any of the rests, they cannot fall on the table, and must drop into the tray. The article is easy to clean, and holds either book or box matches; the design is in the modern mode. It is the simplicity and strength of the construction that appeals. Most inventors err on the side of too much complexity.
• HERE is a razor which is said to do its job in any shaving position. The blades, coated with a mineral oil, come in a handy cartridge, and it becomes merely necessary to insert a small tab in the side of the razor, move a small sliding grip, and a new blade is automatically inserted into the holder, while the old blade is ejected. The change is instantaneous. Five blades before the cartridge is emptied, a non-shaving blank appears to remind you to purchase new blades.
• A 15 power glass with large field and wonderfully clear definition, only 21 inches long, is here shown. It is rebuilt from U.S. government periscopes, by master craftsmen, and originally cost nearly ten times as much as its price today.
• LIKE hands cupped under and over the eyes, these visors, made entirely of a synthetic composition, permit vision in natural colors.
Shower and Beach Hood
• MADE of oiled silk, this waterproof hood permits milady to enjoy the thrills of the shower without damaging her permanent wave.
• MADE of opal glass, decorated appropriately.