What is your Sex Quotient? (Jan, 1959)
What is your S.Q.*?
*Sex Quotient by Mark Tarail. B.A.. M.S.
BY taking this test, you can measure your sex knowledge. Check whether the answers to each statement should be Yes or No. Compare your answers with the correct answers below. Give yourself 10 points for each correct answer and add the results. Your final score is your S.Q.
A score of less than 50 indicates inadequate knowledge; 50 to 60 equals good; 70 or 80 equals excellent; 90 or above equals unusually superior.
(YES) (NO) 1. Are most sex offenders prone to violence?
(YES) (NO) 2. Should self-gratification in children be forcibly prevented?
(YES) (NO) 3. Is sexual knowledge a matter of instinct in humans?
(YES) (NO) 4. Does impotence have a physical origin?
(YES) (NO) 5. Is vaginismus (vaginal contraction) a disease?
(YES) (NO) 6. Is infertility in women incurable?
(YES) (NO) 7. Can women have hemophilia (failure of the blood to clot)?
(YES) (NO) 8. Can first cousin marriages produce healthy children?
(YES) (NO) 9. Do women engage in “maximum sexual activity” at an earlier age than men?
(YES) (NO) 10. Are marriages between older men and younger women inevitably unsuccessful?
1. NO. Studies indicate that only five per cent of sex offenders are violent.
2. NO. Self-gratification is natural in human beings as well as animals.
3. NO. Sexual knowledge and, to a great extent, sexual adjustment are achieved through conscious sexual education. * 4. YES, sometimes. Some cases of impotence re caused by organic disease or deformities of the male reproductive organs; although in most cases the psychological factors are more prevalent.
5. NO. It is usually a psychological ailment caused by the wife’s sexual fear.
6. NO. Modern medical techniques are able to remedy a large percentage of infertility cases.
7. NO. Only men can have this ailment which is transmitted only through women.
8. YES, when the general heredity of the family has a healthy history.
9. NO. According to Kinsey’s studies, men engage in maximum sexual activity at a much earlier age than women, primarily because of social customs.
10. NO. Many such marriages are highly successful, chronological age being a minor factor in marital success.