Repeating Flash Systems (Feb, 1947)
Repeating Flash Systems
Time-savers for photographers are the two lamps above, in which manually operated cranks replace spent bulbs with new ones, moving the reflectors out of the way as they do so. Once the fresh bulbs are in place, the reflectors return to position. The top lamp was invented by E. B. Nobel and A. W. Seitz, the lower one by John J. Malloy. Both devices use a series of bulbs with bayonet-type bases, and their discharge switches can be operated either by hand or by synchronizing apparatus.